If you have a sat nav, set it to ‘Black Isle Lodge’, which is recognised by Google Maps.
Grid Reference: NH 64676 54511
Grid Reference (6 figure): NH646545
X (Easting) : Y (Northing) :
Latitude : Longitude :
Travelling from the south:
- After Inverness, travelling on the A9 north across the Kessock bridge, take B9161 to Munlochy.
- Once through the village turn left at the T-junction along the A832 towards Tore.
- After about 1/4 mile take a road on the right signposted to Knockbain and Balnakyle.
- ***Follow this road up the hill and along the straight single track road (no through road) for just under a mile.
- Don’t take either of the turnings on the left, one signposted to Knockbain and the next to Balnakyle. The lodge is on the right-hand side after the sub-station.
- If you reach the end of the tarmac road then you have gone too far.
Travelling from the north:
- Turn first left at the Tore roundabout towards Fortrose.
- After about 3 miles you will pass the “clootie well”, turn left shortly after this signposted to Knockbain.
- Follow the directions from *** to the lodge.